Blog.com treats your privacy with the utmost care. While we may need some of your information in order to provide service, we follow a basic set of rules meant to protect you, your information and your relationship with blog.com:
- We only ask for information really needed for service. For example, you may read blogs without providing any personal details. Another example: we require a valid email from blog authors because it is needed for password recovery.
- We don’t sell personal information. It’s not our business to sell your information. Personal information is collected with the end-goal of providing service, and never used outside that scope.
- We are careful about sharing of personal information. While we may need to share personal information with suppliers, we require from them the same level of commitment to information safety that we provide. An example of this type of unavoidable sharing is information sharing with Paypal for payment processing. We do need to delegate payments with someone, and under that need we chose a reputed, safe payment processing gateway.
- Whenever possible, we aggregate collected information so that we can provide the service without storing personally identifiable information. For example, we gather pageview statistics under a number of classifications (location, time-of-access, browser used, etc) but never store individual pageview statistics.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name or e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to?keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://blog.com/terms-of-service/
This policy was last modified on 2012-06-03